Supplementary Education Program
The Supplementary Education, Community-based after-school learning programs with Child friendly environments to provide opportunities for every child to attain quality education in slums and rural areas. The aim is to provide quality education with valuable insights ensuring every child achieves basic competency in math and science. Through strategies that provide learning outcomes through individual attention to children, fun activities and local participation and accountability, BSAC has ensured that more than 300 children have been impacted by this program in year 2019-2020
Supplementary education in schools for under-performing children
- 6th to 8th std boys and girls are benefited through this program.
- 5 schools with 100 children in Chennai corporation/Adi-Dravida Schools/ Government Schools are benefited.
- Quality education and play way method teaching prevent the children from school dropouts.
Supplementary Education Centre in Community
- 10 community centers for 3rd to 5th, 6th to 8th and 9 to 12th classes.
- 200 children are getting benefited.
- Each and every child are given individual attention and thought using different teaching materials like pic chart, practical science experiment etc, this prevent the children from memorizing the book and make the child understand the actual meaning and learn effectively.
Learning and Reading Circles
With a keen interest in inculcating reading habits in children belonging to the community, BSAC’s main objective is to provide easy access to books and increasing awareness about the benefits of reading among school going children and the general public in the target group.
- School library activities are conducted in 5 schools with more than 230 children from the 6th to 10th standards having access to books during school hours.
- The community reading circle program also takes books to the doorsteps of the community by lending books to people in their houses twice a week. Reading circles formed in 5 target communities with community members allow them to have access to books regularly and also to promote the habit of reading.
- International Book Day and International children Books Day is celebrated to motivate more individual to build reading habit.